1) Project Officer
The Clinical Brain Lab at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore seeks applications for the position of Project Officer for a 1-year term (renewable).
The Project Officer will be an integral member of a research lab that advances our research in Educational Neuroscience and the Science of Learning. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of research projects, in particular an ongoing EEG research to investigate cognitive aging and cognitive training. This position requires task-orientation, excellent organizational skills, attention to details and accuracy, flexibility in responding to fluid situations, good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
The direct responsibilities of the project officer include:
• coordinating project meetings, facilitating communication among project personnel,
• developing and maintaining project operational procedures, training materials, and documents,
• subject recruitment on campus and off campus,
• coordinating data collection/cognitive training sessions,
• learning and performing EEG and behavioral data preprocessing and analysis*
• managing and maintaining project records,
• assisting in the preparation and writing of progress reports, scientific presentations, abstracts, manuscripts and publications,
• other ad hoc administrative duties to support the research projects.
*Training on EEG data collection and preprocessing will be provided.
Applicants are expected to have a 2nd upper Class Honors degree in Psychology or related disciplines, excellent communication (verbal and written English) and interpersonal skills, able to speak Chinese, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Candidates who have experiences in cognitive experiments and/or neuroimaging techniques, competent in SPSS/Excel, knowledge of Eprime and Matlab are desirable.
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to S.H. Annabel Chen, PhD, Associate Professor, Division of Psychology, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 14 Nanyang Drive, HSS‐04‐19, Singapore 637332, phone +65‐6316‐8836.
Please address questions or send Curriculum Vita, letter of application with research interests, and three references to email@example.com
2) Research position in Psychology of Insider Threats
In this project, we plan to develop and validate a novel assessment tool that can detect malicious insider tendencies and associated personality traits through gamification. Gamification is a trending topic in the area of business, training and learning, and entails the application of game elements and digital game design in non-game contexts. For example: Games that help assess candidates job fit based on personalities. However, no tool until date has been developed to incorporate the identification of malicious tendencies, and personality traits associated with insider threat are not explored in detail. The tool could be used to capture live data on psychological state and dynamic behaviour of the employees without giving them an opportunity to manipulate as they will be unaware of the objectives of the assessment tool (abstract and ambiguous design - covert).
The research associate will assist in:
• developing psychological models of insider threats,
• overseeing the implementation of the screening tool for insider threats, in collaboration with software engineers,
• writing journal publications,
• preparing grant applications,
• managing the research program.
• Bsc or Msc in psychology or related fields
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills
Expected Start Date:
• 1 August 2016
• S$3200 – S$ 5000
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Assoc. Prof. Justin Dauwels
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org