Interdisciplinary Strategic Research Themes
HSS promotes new interdisciplinary research and education programmes based upon the School’s comparative strengths, leading-edge research trends in the international academe, and centrally aligned with the NTU’s Five Peaks of Excellence: Sustainable Earth, Future Healthcare, New Media, New Silk Road, and Innovation Asia. These are key areas of research identified by the University in its five-year strategic plan, NTU 2015, which maps out how it will become a great global university by 2015.
The five strategic research themes of our School are as follow:
Postdoctoral Fellowships in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences– Applications are now open! Closing Date: 31st July 2014.
As a young and dynamic institution, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) at Nanyang Technological University is pleased to announce that seven Postdoctoral Fellowships (six for the Research Clusters and a theme in Sociology) are to be awarded in July/August 2014. These fellowships are to be hosted by the School-level research clusters and also a theme in Sociology as follow:
• Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS@HSS)
• Environment and Sustainability
• Global Asia
• Literary and Cultural Studies
• New Frontiers in Neuroscience
Note: There is the opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellowship position funded by the Nanyang Centre for Public Administration (NCPA), with the theme on ‘Governance and Public Policy in a Globalizing Asia, with a focus on China and/or Southeast Asia (Singapore in particular).
For more details about NCPA and the position, please visit NCPA’s website at http://www.ncpa.ntu.edu.sg .
- Outstanding and promising candidates who have received his/her PhD in the humanities and social sciences from a reputable University
- Candidates’ research interests should lie within the broad themes of the chosen clusters
The successful candidates are expected to undertake cutting-edge research in one of the chosen fields either jointly with the NTU counterparts or independently as well as to assist research clusters’ research activities such as organizing workshops
Subject to mutual agreement, postdoctoral fellows may undertake some light teaching, no more than one course per academic year, in a relevant disciplinary department at HSS.
- One year (renewable for up to another year, subject to funding availability and performance appraisal)
- Competitive remuneration plus research expense support
for more details.